Gmail is one of the most popular email service powered by Google. Besides sending and receiving emails and messages, a Gmail account allows the user to enjoy a wide range of Google services. It has a user-friendly interface and offers lots of utility features for free.
How to sign in to Gmail account?
- Open the browser in your device or PC and enter Gmail.com in the address bar. This would take you to a new page where you have the option “Sign In” on the top right corner. Click on this option to continue.
- Next page will ask you to enter your email. You should enter your username and click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you will get a field to enter Password. Make sure the Caps Lock key is turned off and type in the password. Below that, you have the option “Stay Signed In”. It would be activated by default. If you do not want the browser to save your username and password, then deactivate the option by clicking on the checkbox.
- Finally, click on the “Sign In” button. This will take you to your inbox if you have entered the right password.
How to sign in to an alternate Gmail account?
- Open your web browser and enter gmail.com in the address bar. If you haven’t signed out of your current Gmail account, it would open your inbox. You have to log out from the current account to sign into a different account.
- Once you are signed out, you will be getting a “Sign In” page wherein your current email address would be mentioned with a field to enter the password. Below that, you will be able to see an option “Sign in with a Different Account”. Click on it to proceed.
- Next, you will be getting an option to add a new account. Click on the option to Add Account. This will open a page with a blank field for entering the email address of your alternate Gmail account. After entering the username click on the option “Next”.
- Now you will have to enter the password and click on “Sign In” to log into your alternate account. Note that; if you want to remain signed into this new account make sure that the “Stay Signed In” option is activated before clicking on “Sign In”.
Now that you have added another Gmail account Google will highlight 2 usernames/email addresses whenever you visit Gmail.com. You have to click and choose one of the email IDs to proceed with the Sign In process. By this way, you can sign in and add multiple Gmail accounts.
How to sign in to your Gmail account from Android phone?
Gmail is an all-purpose email service that can be accessed and used from various devices like phones, tablets, and computers. You can use your Gmail account on your Android phone by signing into your account using the Gmail App which is a default application that comes preinstalled in an Android device. Follow steps below to sign in to your Gmail account from your Android phone.
- Go to the main menu of your phone and search for Gmail application. Select and open the application. You will be getting a window that says “Welcome to Gmail”. Below that, you will be able to see an option “Skip”. Tap over it to proceed.
- Next, you will be getting an option “Add an email address” with a plus symbol. Select the option and you will get a list of email services like Google, Hotmail, and Yahoo. Select the option “Google”.
- Now you will be able to see a Sign In page with a blank field for entering Email or phone. Enter your complete email address in this field and select the option “Next”.
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter a password. Enter your password carefully and select the option “Next”. You will get a message for accepting Google’s Terms of Service. Select the option “Accept” to proceed.
- Wait for few minutes while the app completes the setup. Now you will be able to see your email address at the top of the page. There will be an option below that to add another email address. And at the bottom, you have an option “Take me to Gmail”. Select this option and within few seconds your Gmail account would appear with your name and username on the top.
- Below the username, you will be able to see a notification that says “Waiting for sync” along with a loading symbol. This indicates that your Gmail app is syncing your account with other Google services.
- Once the syncing process is done you will be able to see your inbox. This completes the sign-up process.
How to add another Gmail account to your Android phone?
- From the main menu of your Android phone locate the Settings icon and open it. Scroll down to the Accounts section. Below that, look for the option “Add Account” with a plus symbol. Select the option.
- Now you will get a long list of apps. Scroll until you find “Google”. Tap over it and you will get a page that says “Add a Google Account”. Below that you will have 2 options. First one is to add an Existing account and the second one is to create a new one. Tap on the option “Existing” for adding a Gmail account that you already have.
- Next, you will get a “Sign In” page wherein you have to enter your Email address and password to complete the process of adding your new account.