Having a Gmail Account allows you to enjoy several Google services that facilitate easy communication and safe storage. You can create a Gmail Account on your PC or mobile by following a few simple steps.
How to create a Gmail account from your Android phone?
From the main menu of your phone, find the browser Google Chrome and open it. In the address bar, type gmail.com. On the top right corner of the page that opens, you will have an option Sign In. Select the option to create a new account.
- Next, you will get a sign in page with fields to enter Email. Below that, you will have an option “Create Account”. Tap over it to proceed to the next step.
- Now you will get a page that says “Create Google Account”. There will be fields to enter First name, Last Name, and Username. Fill in the details to create your new Gmail account.
- Next, you will be asked to enter a password of minimum 8 characters. Enter a strong password using a combination of letters, numbers, and periods. Reconfirm the password and select the option “Next”. If the username you had entered is already taken, then you will be requested to try a different one along with some acceptable suggestions. You can choose from the suggestions offered or enter a different username. Select “Next” to proceed.
- Next, you will be getting a page with fields for further details. The first field asks for a Phone number and the second field is for recovery email address. Both are optional so you can leave the fields blank. However, it would be safer to provide a phone number or alternate email ID because these details will help you to recover your account if ever you happen to forget your password.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the date of birth and Gender. After providing the inputs select the option “Next”. This will take you to the Privacy and Terms page. After reading the terms, scroll down and select the option “I Agree”.
- This completes the sign-up process. The next page will show options to upgrade to a smarter Gmail service. Below that, you have an option to open your account via Gmail App. If you do not wish to open the Gmail app click on the option “I am not interested”. This will take you to your inbox where you can check the emails.
On the bottom of the page, you will see an option to let the browser save your password. If you do not wish the system to save your password, then click on the option “Never”.
How to create a customized Gmail signature?
Having a customized signature can make your emails look more impressive. It can also save your time while sending messages frequently. Follow the steps below to create a Gmail signature.
- Log into your Gmail account. On the top right corner of your account, you will be able to find the Settings icon. Click on the icon to open a list of menus. From that choose the menu “Settings”. Click on it to open the page that contains all the important settings of your Gmail account.
- Under the General tab of the Settings page, scroll down to the option “Signature”. The first option will be of “No signature” which would be turned on. You need to turn on the second option that contains a text box to compose a customized signature.
- After turning on the second option, click inside the text window to start composing your signature. You can add details like name, occupation details, or company name. There are options to change the text style and font by using the tools provided in the toolbar.
- You can also insert images or company logo to make your signature appear more unique. After composing the complete signature you have an option to choose where the signature should appear in an email. Below the text box, there is an option that allows you to insert the signature before quoted text whenever you are replying to an email. You can activate this option by clicking on the checkbox.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and click on the option “Save Changes”. This would save the signature settings you have provided. Now try sending an email to see how your customized signature appears at the end of the message.
How to create a label in Gmail?
Labels can help you in managing your emails more efficiently. It is an easy way to organize your emails based on the nature of their importance and priority. By default, Gmail provides a few labels like Personal, Receipts, Travel, and Work. However, you have an option to create new labels by following a few simple steps that are described herein:
- Log into your Gmail account. On the left panel, scroll down and find the option “More”. Click on it to open all the options available for organizing the emails.
- At the bottom, you will find the option “Create New Label”. This would open a small window with 2 blank fields. The first field asks you to enter a name for your label. You can enter a suitable name in the space provided.
- Next field asks you to Nest label under one of the 4 categories provided by Gmail. There is a drop-down list that contains the categories Personal, Work, Receipts, and Travel. You have an option to skip this field. There is a checkbox on the left side. You can uncheck the checkbox and deny the option of adding the label to any of these categories. Now click on the button “Create” and your new label would appear on the left panel.