Gmail is the email facility provided by Google. It can be accessed from a number of devices like mobiles, laptops, and computers. It provides fifteen gigabytes of storage with less spam. Follow the steps discussed below to know how to sign up in Gmail.
How to sign up in Gmail from your Android device?
If you have purchased a new Android device then you will find Gmail as a pre-installed app. Follow the below-mentioned steps to sign in to your Gmail account.
- Tap on the home key on your smartphone to view all the applications. Locate the icon of Gmail and open it.
- When you open it, Google will ask you to enter your email ID.
- After you successfully enter your email ID and tap on ‘Next’, you will have to provide your password.
- Once you have entered your password Google will check the information you have provided and your account will be added in the Gmail app.
- After you add the account to the Gmail app, you will be automatically signed in to Gmail anytime you open the Gmail application in your mobile.
How to sign up in Gmail from your computer?
Apart from Android Devices, you can also sign up into your Gmail account from your personal computer and laptops, which play an important role in our daily life. Below are stated some steps by which you can easily access your Gmail account from your computer.
- In your computer, search for the Google Chrome icon and when you find it, right click on the icon twice. When it opens, you will find the homepage of Google.
- In the search bar type Gmail and you will get the search results. In the search results, you will find a result that has written: “Create a Google Account”. Click on it.
- You will see a page where you will have to provide your basic details. At first, you will have to provide your full name. After that, you will see an option to choose the username you wish to use. Enter a combination of letters and numbers as your desired username.
- Next, you will have to create a strong password comprising of both letters and numbers in order to make it strong. Once done, you will be asked to confirm the same.
- When you complete these, you will be asked to enter your birthday, gender and mobile number in the sign-up form provided by Google.
- You will be given a verification code in order to prove that you are not a robot. Enter the text that you will see in a box and agree to the terms and conditions after which you will be asked to provide your location. Once you have filled up the form completely, click on ‘Next Step’.
- In the next page, you will be asked to verify your phone number either by an SMS or by a call. Enter the verification code that you receive and click on ‘Continue’. You will be successfully signed in to Gmail.com.
How to sign up in Gmail from iPhone?
Alongside Android devices, many people use iPhones and want to access their Gmail from the device itself. To help you sign up into your Gmail account from your iPhone, some steps are explained below.
- Open the settings from your iPhone and tap on “Mail, Contacts, and Calendar”.
- After clicking on it, you will see the options Google. Select it and you will be asked to enter your email address and password.
- Next, there will appear a list of permissions and Terms and Conditions in order to use Gmail. Click on “Accept”.
- You might be asked to save some settings which you can save then itself or later as per your wish. You can even change the default name to make it more meaningful and personalized.
After you are done with all the steps stated above, you can select the default mail icon in your iPhone and there you can access, compose and view your emails from your Gmail account.
How to add multiple accounts in Gmail from your computer?
You can add another account in Gmail.com from your computer if you wish for various purposes by following the process stated hereafter.
- Open your Gmail account from your computer and click on the Gear icon in the top right of the page and click on ‘Settings’.
- In Settings, you will find a tab called ‘Accounts and Import’. Click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, you will see an option “Add account”. After clicking it you will see a box where you will be asked to provide the other email address you wish to add.
- After you enter the account, log out from the existing account and sign in from the other account where you will receive a link granting the permission to add the said account. Once you click on that link you will successfully add the other account in your Gmail.
How to add multiple accounts from your Android device?
Adding multiples accounts in Gmail is no big deal from your Android device as the application makes it very convenient for the accounts and switch them according to your needs. The steps for doing so are stated below.
- Open the Gmail application from your Android Device and click on the top left corner of the app which happens to be its Menu.
- Just beside your existing account, you will see an arrow. Once you click on it, you will see an option “Add Account”. When you click on it, select the ‘Google’ option and wait for a few seconds.
- You will be asked to provide your email address or phone number. After providing, you will have to enter the password and click on ‘Next’.
- After completing all of the above-mentioned steps you will be given certain Terms and Conditions, once you select ‘Agree’ wait for few more seconds and then your new account will be added to your Gmail application and you can switch between the accounts according to your needs.